Picture taken by Christi

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Planting Season

Today was such a beautiful day to spend outside and start our Spring gardens. I say gardens because each of our sons have their own flower gardens and then Steven and I of course have ours. The boys take such great pride in their flower beds. They weeded this week and prepped the soil today. The planting is always a bit chaotic because they want us to "supervise"--not help--to ensure that they are doing every step correctly. Of course this isn't easy with a camera in one hand lol (please ignore the storage shed as it needs to be power washed).

Our first "mini azaleas" of the year. I am sure there is another name for them but that is what I call them.
First rosebud of the year. This is one of the tropicana roses.
I love these little delicate flowers :-)
Weeding his bed.
Prepping the soil for planting.
Orion's jack in the pulpit plant right before he planted it.
Getting it just right.
Diligently planting his seeds.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad they inherited the Gardening gene from you and Steven. If prices keep going up in the grocery store we are going to have to grow our own food. We will have a Victory Garden and they will have a head start on learning how to grow plants. It will just have to change from flowers to broccoli...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. They LOVE their flower beds!! Orion got a cabbage plant from school and we are going to put it in the ground soon. I'll let you know if our "green thumbs" translate to vegetables--if not, we might be in trouble lol

    ReplyDelete