Picture taken by Christi

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

What a Week!!

This week has been a whirlwind already! The boys are back in school and I am trying to take care of Steven and work as much as possible. In my quest for multi-tasking I decided to do James' homeschool activities when Ian and Orion are doing their homework. This seemed like a good idea initially but everyone that has met James knows that he is destined to be comic relief when things starting getting too serious or too quiet....which is what happens during homework time. I don't think he was trying to be funny but he cracked Steven and me up!! James was working on his school work and he said "Mom, come here, wait let me erase this because you have to see me do this!" Of course I start getting excited because he is excited about school work then he said the following while explaining the way the firetruck should go through the maze to get to the burning house in the exercise. "Mom, do you think the firetruck would go this way (he then proceeded to draw out the shortest route with his finger)?" I said "yep that's it" He said " uh, no Mom there is no black road the firetruck would have to fly through the trees" I said "James you are suppose to pretend that it is a black road like we drive on" James said "well, we better stick to the flying theory Mom so they can get to the burning house quick and save the girl...Mom, there is ALWAYS a girl in a burning house...just saying". LOL and in typical James fashion he went on to another exercise in the book until Orion came over and said "wait a minute...what?" The picture I have attached is of James in the process of explaining the situation. I have also added pictures of them individually doing their school work!





No comments:

Post a Comment