Picture taken by Christi

Sunday, August 21, 2011

A New School Year Begins!

Well, this week has been a roller coaster of emotions! My oldest son is already in the 5th grade (when did that happen), my middle son is now a big 4th and is changing classes for the first time, and my sweet little James is now in Kindergarten. I mean, it seems like just yesterday that I was bringing each of them home from the hospital. I'm afraid to blink for fear that when I open my eyes my little boys will be in college. I think taking James to Kindergarten Monday ranks right up there with one of the most horrifying things I've ever had to do. Last Sunday night James starting crying every time he thought about going to school. Monday morning however, he was fine....until we got to his classroom. I walked him down the hall and he got acquainted with his teacher and a little boy that was already there. Everything was going ok until James said "Mom, can you sit down and stay with me?" I unfortunately had to tell him that it was time for me to go and that I couldn't stay. He started crying as he said "ok". Thankfully his teacher came over and started talking with him and ended up consoling us both as I was crying at this point. As soon as she turned his attention to the picture he had to color I very quickly said 'bye, I love you" and headed for the door. By the end of the day he was in love with going to school...until the next morning! Every morning this past week he has cried a little. He even told me one night that he wished I was five so that I could go to Kindergarten with him because he misses me too much when he's at school! I love that kid!! On the other hand, Ian and Orion politely informed me on the first day that there was no need to walk them to their classroom because "we have this school figured out Mom". Due to all the tears each morning I couldn't bring myself to take a picture of little Jammer each morning...maybe next week I can accomplish that!!

Orion was in the middle of eating  his snack and stopped chewing to smile 

James' class had a Gingerbread Man hunt at school Friday



Ian gets in moods sometimes and doesn't want to cooperate during picture time and I end up with this look



No comments:

Post a Comment