Have you ever been really excited to go somewhere (ie your sons birthday celebration) and it's as if someone is throwing monkey wrenches at you just to mess with your day? Oh good it's not just me then! whew!! This past week was originally set up to revolve completely around Orion, our middle son's, birthday. We try very hard to ensure that each child has a special block of days that are just for them. So, we are en route to Mississippi to spend his birthday with his precious Maw Maws and Paw Paw as well as Aunts and Uncles and any cousins who happened to come. As we are driving down I have the worst asthma attack I think I have ever had in my life...long story short it took a stop off in Mobile and a urgent care clinic visit in Pascagoula to get things under control! You might be thinking that something like this could really mess up a kid's birthday....nope! My sweet little Orion looked at me with those big blue eyes and said "Mom, I don't care about my birthday or presents or cake all I care about is that you are ok" And that was my present from him. As parents, I think we get caught up in their fighting and whining and just when you think you have really messed your kids up they tell you that you are all that matters :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment